from flash’s programming background, we think face detection done by C++ is an intensive one,
its response is quick and it can detect multiple faces at an instance.
it is our first follow-up post to our earlier post on openKinect – face detection as a plugin tool to xBox kinect sensor’s application for interactive installation.
we’ve made use of haar finder as the face detection library, and we found that
- showing eyebrow is advantageous
- facing right towards the camera gives a much better result
- z and y-axis rotation of the head is bad
- clean image (with less noises) works better but with kinect’s preset range of detection, it is not a big problem.
- less make up is better (huge eyes etc)
take a look at more working samples